Monday, October 31, 2011

October 2011


Terry Fox run, 4 kms
has taken it's toll!
Temperatures have dropped, and I didn't make it to all the cross races I had hoped to this month. Mostly this was due to timing and other scheduling complications, especially this past weekend when I officially DNS'd my first race. Really bummed about it, sounds like it was quite a race too. Definitely will make a point to hit up at least 3 next fall.

Poor spelling, but very thoughtful boy
ABA race calendar is officially over for 2011. Not sure what will be next for me, perhaps a triathlon in Houston in the late spring, or even a Mountain XC race, if I manage to pick up a mountain bike over the winter.

Till then, I'll keep commuting until I no longer enjoy it; probably when it gets REALLY cold and icy out. I'll put my studded tires on first and try to hang on as long as I can.
Also I'll keep running and swimming over the winter, and try to get an established indoor training schedule in place by the New Year, although not quite up for that yet.

Summary
Run: 
  • Duration - 3.5 hrs
  • Distance - 41 km

Bike: 
  • Duration - 20 hrs
  • Distance - 530 km

Swim:
  • Duration - 104 mins
  • Distance - not far

No comments:

Post a Comment