Monday, July 30, 2012

July 2012

My badge of honor - A reminder for me
NOT to try something so stupid again!
Well, what a great month for cycling in Alberta!
Historically, I seem to get in all my good mileage in during July, and this month was no exception.

Some highlights of this month include:

  • Stage Race in Canmore
  • Longest ride ever in Kananaskis - 171.59 km
  • Successful completion of Strava's Rapha Rising Challenge (7,032 meters elevation in 8 days!)
  • Broke records for distance, time, and elevation gain in a single month (as well as a best week)
  • One Wednesday Night Race, a 41.4 km ITT - in which I averaged an impressive (for me) 39.5 kmph. This would have smashed my pre-season goal of breaking the 1:02 mark for a 40k. 
  • A few more Strava KOMs, but also recruited a bunch more folks to strava - folks that will only serve to dethrone me soon enough...
Here are my stats for July:
  • Run: 4 runs, 34 kms, 3 hours (yup, only once a week)
  • Bike: 
    • 38 rides, 
    • 1,610 kms
    • 56.25 hrs, 
    • 13,595m elevation
Currently enjoying a well-earned taper week before the Alberta Cycling Super Week!!



This will contain Tour De Bowness (hill climb, road race, circuit race, criterium), Crankmaster's 20km ITT, and Jason Lapierre Memorial Stage Race (ITT, Crit, RR)... 8 races in 10 days, with general classifications prizes available for each weekend and for all 8 events! The best part is, it's all around Calgary!


No comments:

Post a Comment