Sunday, July 15, 2012

RMCC Road Rage Stage Race, Canmore, AB

This report will be quite lame, not only because of my mediocre results, but because in a fit of sleep deprivation I accidentally deleted a full report I had written up right after the race!

Prologue:
Pre-rode the course and had high hopes for a good result in this course; basically a 4.25 km time trial along a rolling bike path in Canmore! Didn't pan out that well, I realized within a kilometre that my legs were not feeling very snappy. I think I started too hard, reeled back considerably, then turned it up in the 2nd half.
Ended up 16th.

Criterium:
Very fast paced. 8 corners, most of them tight, limited the opportunities to pass and move up.
I avoided the crash leading up to the prime lap by staying near the front.
Not near enough for the final lap and ended up boxed out going into the final sprint. Managed to surge past a couple guys for 11th place. Big crash after the finish line which tangled me up a bit, hitting the crash wall, again. Just a couple scratches, nothing serious.

Road Race:
Very hilly course, from Canmore nordic centre. Included 4 laps of out and back. Total distance was about 70k. My goal going in was to just hang on as long as I could and hoped to finish in chase group.
Ended up hanging to the lead pack of 11 right up to the very end. As the final accelleration began up the last climb I could not match it. Sprinted past one guy, had one guy sprint past me right before the line (didn't even know he was there). Finished 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment