Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Devon Grand Prix Stage Race

Left soggy Calgary behind and drove up to Devon, Alberta for this 3-stage race.

1km Uphill Time Trial

Peak around 10% grade... no mechanicals but I think I spent too much time looking at my wattage. Finished a mid-pack 13th/23 in Cat 3.

Downtown Criterium

Great warmup, great plan to lead out Mike. Except that Mike crashed out and broke his collarbone! Ouch!!
I ended up doing something stupid called attacking with 3 laps to go... made it about half a lap before getting caught, and subsequently tortured... completely toasted and out of position for the final sprint, finished 15th.

Genesee Hills Road Race

Cat 3 and Cat 1/2 race combined. Worked with Dave to keep the attacks in check, reel in escapees, protect Marc where we could. First climb up the River Valley hill I *barely* hung on, but then saw Dave and Marc still in the selection so moved up and helped open the gap. 2nd time up I hung on again, then managed to help contain a couple attacks in the finals KMs.Couldn't get up to help Marc with the leadout, but managed to pass a few guys in the sprint. Results not official yet, I think I finished 3rd in Cat 3 but got centre line relegated (again! grrr) to 7th. Finished 6th in GC.

No comments:

Post a Comment